Data Engineer (Analytics)
The XOi Analytics team is a passionate group of engineers and data scientists working together to discover insights for our customers. We leverage state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to provide our users unique insights and assistance to the problems they face in their workplace. The problems we solve include things like computer vision, natural language processing and content recommendation.
As a Data Engineer on the Analytics team, you will build and data tools and pipelines to curate and organize XOi’s data. Data is our most valued asset and in this position you will be a key contributor to the team.
Our primary back-end systems are written in Python and run in AWS Lambdas and we develop our APIs with GraphQL.
The ideal candidate is someone who is highly driven to exceed benchmarks for service quality and is able to work independently with little supervision. They have excellent organization and problem-solving skills and work well with others.
- Solve fun and interesting problems
- Create Robust and reliable Data Pipelines
- Design and implement advanced distributed data tracking and processing systems
- Interact with Data Scientists and Product managers to help understand and document data needs
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Deep understanding of Python
- 2+ years of experience writing and maintaining data pipelines or products
- 1+ years of demonstrated experience building and deploying applications or services in a cloud infrastructure environment..
- Experience with both statically and dynamically typed programming languages and a solid understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of both paradigms.
- Good understanding of REST-based services and service-based architecture.
Nice to Have
- Experience with CI/CD development and organizational practices.
- Experience with AWS Lambda and DynamoBD
- Experience with common architectural patterns and frameworks for mobile application development.
You Are Someone Who
- Loves to solve difficult and interesting problems.
- Has a passion for code quality and craftsmanship but can balance that with shipping code.
- Views your profession as your craft and continuously pursues excellence in your work.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Collaborates effectively across various teams, coordinating regularly to set and manage expectations.
- A fully remote working environment
- $500 Stipend to setup your home office
- Being a key part of a fast-growing software company where you can make a difference.
- Comprehensive insurance plans.
- Monthly wellness allowance.
- Flexible paid time off & paid volunteer time.
- Learning & development.
- Participating in team outings, events, and general fun!
- Helping to change an industry by serving the men and women that make our world turn.
About XOi Technologies
XOi Technologies, one of the fastest growing startups in Nashville, is changing the way field service companies capture data, create efficiencies, collaborate with their technicians, and drive additional revenue through the use of the XOi platform.
Our focus is to bring value and simplicity to our customers in the skilled trades, an industry historically underserved by technology. We strive to create an environment for our employees that nurtures growth and success with the customer always front of mind. We are committed to providing a workplace of creativity and collaboration every day in every way.
If you would like to learn more about XOi, get in touch using the contact form below: