Principal Data Scientist
As a Principal Data Scientist at XOi you will be responsible for working with Product Management, Customer Success and Engineering to build and execute an analytics strategy to support our business and Product objectives. The Principal Data Scientists will be responsible for producing (and reproducing) advanced machine learning models that drive quantifiable value for our customers.
As a Principal level contributor you will be responsible for helping to define and enforce best practices in your respective area of responsibility. In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills and be willing to mentor and teach the junior team members. This position reports to the Director of Analytics.
- Interpret and understand complex business requirements and be capable of translating those into production analytics
- Determine the data requirements and select the appropriate technologies and algorithms for the use case
- Working directly with product managers and other engineering teams to tightly integrate new analytics capabilities
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of the applications you create
- Stay current on relevant machine learning and data science practices and apply those to current problem sets
- MS in Math, Engineering, or Computer Science (or technical degree with commensurate industry experience)
- 6+ years of relevant work experience as a data scientist / Machine Learning expert
- Excellent understanding of machine learning algorithms, processes, tools and platforms including CNN, RNN, NLP, tensorflow, keras etc.
- Proficient with the following (or comparable): python, scikit-learn, numpy, pandas, spaCy
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets/sparse data with structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with deep learning, and their optimizations for efficient implementation
- Great communication skills, ability to explain predictive analytics to non-technical audience
- Experienced in predictive modeling
- Excited to evangelize data science, teach others and learn new techniques.
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with AWS
- Devops experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
You are someone who
- Loves to solve difficult and interesting problems.
- Has a passion for producing high quality analytics.
- Views your profession as your craft and continuously pursues excellence in your work.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Collaborates effectively across teams, coordinating regularly to set and manage expectations
- A fully remote working environment
- $500 Stipend to setup your home office
- Being a key part of a fast-growing software company where you can make a difference.
- Comprehensive insurance plans.
- Monthly wellness allowance.
- Flexible paid time off & paid volunteer time.
- Learning & development.
- Participating in team outings, events, and general fun!
- Helping to change an industry by serving the men and women that make our world turn.
About XOi Technologies
XOi Technologies, one of the fastest growing startups in Nashville, is changing the way field service companies capture data, create efficiencies, collaborate with their technicians, and drive additional revenue through the use of the XOi platform.
Our focus is to bring value and simplicity to our customers in the skilled trades, an industry historically underserved by technology. We strive to create an environment for our employees that nurtures growth and success with the customer always front of mind. We are committed to providing a workplace of creativity and collaboration every day in every way.
If you would like to learn more about XOi, get in touch using the contact form below: